TJHSST’s FIRST Tech Challenge Team 14607 Robot Uprising is proud to offer two free virtual summer camps, open to the community and general public. Classes are targeted at middle-school aged students, although anyone is free to attend and learn. These classes teach the fundamentals to technology and robotics, through CAD (Computer Aided Design), design principles, advanced manufacturing techniques, working with the Arduino microcontroller, programming in C/C++, and working with simple electronics.
Each course has a 5 week curriculum with two classes/week. These semi-weekly classes will run on Monday and Wednesday nights. Registration for both courses is open, and participants may register for either course, or both. Classes will run for a duration of 5 weeks from 6/15/2020 - 7/17/2020.
CAD/Design & Principles:
Monday/Wednesday 4:00 - 5:00 PM
Learn about the fundamentals of 3D Design with Autodesk Fusion 360 (free software for students)
Integrating CAD with Advanced Manufacturing techniques, from 3D printing, to laser-cutting, CNC, & more
Learn Engineering Best Practices and industry design principles and standards
Important! - Fusion 360 can only be run on Windows/Mac non-FCPSon laptops, as software has to be installed.
Monday/Wednesday 5:30 - 6:30 PM
Learn about how to program in Arduino C/C++ for the Arduino Microcontroller
Basic virtual electronics instruction, including virtual simulation of LEDs, switches, PWM servos/motors, & more
Learn advanced object-oriented programming techniques with Arduino C
While these classes are free, we strongly encourage participants/their families to donate to the TJHSST Partnership Fund’s initiative to support FCPS families during this current pandemic crisis. If you can spare a donation, we, along with the entire TJ and FCPS community, would appreciate it greatly. Donations, from $50, $100 (suggested amounts), or even more, would all be welcomed.
Please consider donating to this charitable fund. If you choose to make a voluntary contribution, courteously add in the name of “TJ FTC Team 14607 Robot Uprising”, with the name of the student, in the donation comment section. (IMPORTANT: to write this comment as part of your donation, check the checkbox specifying “Include a message of support on the fundraising page.” on the donation page.)
Please fill out this form to register:
When will these classes take place?
- Classes will run for 5 weeks from 6/15/2020 - 7/17/2020, Monday and Wednesday nights.
How much do the classes cost to attend?
- All the classes in our summer camp are free, although we do encourage voluntary donations to the TJHSST Partnership Fund’s initiative to support FCPS families during this current pandemic crisis. (See above in General Info) Please consider donating to this charitable fund.
- Donate Here
How will these classes be hosted?
- We are planning on using Google Meet, a secure web-based software that is available to anyone with a Google account.
Can I register for more than one class?
- Yes, there is no limit on how many students can register/how many classes they can register for.
Who can attend/What is the specified age-range for these classes?
- Our classes are open to any and all students and community members, but the content will be targeted towards rising high school 9th grade freshmen/advanced middle schoolers.